To be considered for this position, be sure to complete your application in full.
Dimebox is searching for a new back-end developer with a passion for data, to welcome into our Amsterdam HQ. Changing the game takes talent, and that’s where you come in. You’ll be joining a team that is at the forefront of technological innovation, developing payment solutions that push the whole industry into the future. In a world where more and more payment methods and solutions are cluttering the landscape, we have developed a single payment platform. It’s powered by technology that opens up possibilities that clients are just now waking up to.
About the project
As a back-end developer, you will work with a passionate team of young and dedicated people on the core of our payments platform and its functionalities. Payment and transaction data are running through the platform 24/7 and you will be designing and building new modules to turn this data into value adds for our customers. You will work closely together with the rest of the team to improve existing parts of our API that touches every vector of online payments, optimizing processing routes, removing friction points in the payments value chain or even revealing opportunities nobody has thought of yet.
There are also exciting problems to be tackled in security, cryptography and artificial intelligence. Offering a global payment technology platform involves dealing with a number of third-party systems and services, so you are expected to be comfortable with the concepts around integrating external APIs.
You will be responsible for...
- Interfacing with product managers, architects, and developers to understand requirements and implement solutions
- Designing and developing highly scalable, high-performance and highly-available in distributed data-processing platforms
- Recognising and adopting best practices in payment processing, reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation and documentation
- Keeping up to date with newest technologies, evaluating and making decisions around the use of new or existing software products to design the platform’s architecture
What we expect from you
- Enthusiastic team player
- Reliable, knowledgeable about the context of code and data
- Driven to learn and improve
- Self-motivated, ready to take ownership of your role in the project
- Flexible, looking to be challenged and to challenge us in return
- Deliver quality work in high-security and high-performance environments: the stakes are high. Our clients expect the best and we are true to our word.
- Educated in computer science, electrical engineering, information systems, mathematics or similar fields (e.g. Bachelor or Masters)
- Interested in SQL and NoSQL databases (e.g. Postgres, MySQL, Cassandra, DynamoDB)
- Willing to experience the latest developments in security, cryptography, artificial intelligence and databases
- Willing to work in a collaborative environment with an agile approach; open team room, pair programming and fluid interactions with all products and operations teams
- A hardcore API programmer, as you’ll interact with a lot of third-party systems and services.
- Interest in FinTech, payments and cryptocurrencies
- Experience with dev tools and methodologies (e.g. GitHub, Travis CI, JIRA, Lean, Agile, Scrum)
- Experience building and deploying applications on on-premise and AWS cloud-based infrastructure
- Interested in big data and streaming technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Hive, Kafka, Spark)
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Haskell etc.
Perks and benefits
We give you the chance to work at the core of Dutch payment innovations, working with specialists in all angles of the ecosystem. We offer a competitive salary, and you will get a company Macbook when working here. There is lots of room for individual growth and creativity within the open atmosphere at our office; we dare you to challenge us and your colleagues. Every Friday afternoon we have drinks after our weekly knowledge session and there is a roof terrace with BBQs and summer parties when the weather allows it. Lunch is provided by the company and we often have a wide variety of food at the office, ranging from fish and roti during lunch, to the best red velvet cake in Amsterdam.
Dimebox builds technologies for the payments industry, a field that after 20+ years of shockingly slow development is finally starting to innovate. All of our team members actively contribute to making Dimebox what we want it to be, and this impacts the way we work. We foster an environment that feeds creativity and initiative, we welcome everyone’s input and are honest and direct in our advice. The best things about Dimebox have come from people with fresh perspectives who took the chance to get involved and speak their minds.
To offer our clients unprecedented technological abilities, you need to share our obligation to push the boundaries of what is currently possible. Would you like to share that obligation? Do you want to work at the forefront of technological progress and create products that will modernize payments for decades to come?
True to our startup roots, we’re quite quick on our feet. We know the kind of talent we’re looking for and we’ll try to schedule a meeting with the right team members and management rapidly. You can expect a quick progression from the first meeting through other rounds such as talking with our lead developer and coding assignments.
Once you fill in your email on this page, you will be redirected to Dimebox's website, where you can proceed with your application.