To be considered for this position, be sure to complete your application in full.
Takeaway.com is the leading food-ordering website in continental Europe, with a proven business model that provides an effective revenue stream for restaurants and convenience for consumers. Our company’s headquarters is in Amsterdam, with established operations in nine countries across Europe and Asia, and our business has grown rapidly in recent years.
Our project: a is implementing a cutting-edge data-driven strategy to improve our reach to customers and restaurants; this includes reporting and dashboarding but also ad-hoc business cases/questions using (advanced) statistics.
Are you that rare breed of information professional that knows how to create insights that maximise a business’ impact? Would you like to work on issues that play a pivotal role in a marketing strategy that aims to reach millions of customers? We are looking for a senior data analyst to join our new customer analytics teams.
- Perform in-depth analysis, such as customer lifetime value, cohorts, sales forecasts and marketing-mix modeling
- Develop with the various stakeholders’ metrics and KPIs
- Make information and KPIs available for other departments in dashboards
- Help with the numerical justification of business cases
- Play a key role within the new customer analytics teams, responsible for implementing a cutting-edge data-driven strategy for Takeaway.com.
What we expect from you
- An academic degree (MSc/PhD) in econometrics, mathematics, business
administration, engineering or a related field with a strong emphasis on statistics
- 5+ years of working experience in a similar role
- Experience with using statistics in a commercial environment
- Experience with E-commerce is an advantage
- Experience in using R and/or Python, as well as data retrieval using BI tools and SQL.
A day in life
Imagine: your team is developing a model that will determine the right marketing mix (channel). There are many different variables to consider in your analysis, and today you will investigate the differences between various attribution models. At the end of the day, you will have found an interesting result, which you will share with your fellow team members. You will go home happy with this new insight, knowing that when we implement it, we will reach more customers than before.
Bonus points for
Experience in building: customer lifetime value models, cohort analysis, advanced segmentation, marketing mix modeling, etc.
- Big data!
- Work in a fast-growing company
- Being part of a new, young, professional and international team
- A competitive salary, including 8% holiday allowance
- Travel costs for first-class public transportation
- Pension plan 50% paid by Takeaway.com
- 25 holidays a year on a full-time basis
- An office location within the heart of Amsterdam (five minutes from Central Station)
- Internal as well as external training and conferences
- Hackathons and prototyping of new solutions
- Awesome team events
Our company/ our team
With millions of orders and double-digit growth, in many markets, we are the fastest-growing food-delivery service. Our customer analytics teams focus on to gaining the insights to improve our reach to customers and restaurants, which includes reporting and dashboarding but also ad-hoc business cases/questions using (advanced) statistics. Therefore, the people in the team have different backgrounds and roles to achieve the goal (and thereby opportunities to learn from their peers). Everyone on the team makes a big contribution to Takeaway.com's data-driven decision-making strategy. From a planning perspective, the team works in an agile way using SCRUM. As a team, employees present their insights to the rest of the company, which gives the team a great visibility within the organisation.
Fill in an introductory application form on our website. Afterwards, the recruiter will get in touch with you to give more details on the selection process.
Once you fill in your email on this page, you will be redirected to Takeaway's website, where you can proceed with your application.