To be considered for this position, be sure to complete your application in full.
Do you love coding, trading and a challenge? We do too!
Flow Traders is an award-winning principal trading firm. We are a leading global technology-enabled liquidity provider specialised in Exchange Traded Products (ETPs). Our sophisticated in-house technology platform enables us to quote prices on many exchanges simultaneously, across the globe, 24 hours a day.
At heart of the company’s trading infrastructure are our unique, tailor-made order and market data-processing infrastructures. Our project: a is to bring these systems to the next level. You will join our team of highly skilled C++ or Java engineers, designing and developing these high-performance and high-reliability systems. Our business users are typically only a short walk away, which helps to create short feedback loops and to see your changes provide value in the shortest time possible.
To enable that, Flow Traders strives to follow best software engineering practices and offers an inspiring working environment and continuous support from all parts of the organisation.
No suit or tie required, and talent is key.
What we expect from you
- BSc or MSc in Computing Science or equivalent
- A Minimum of 5 years’ working experience as a software engineer in either C++ or Java
- Experience in addressing extreme non-functional requirements related to latencies and scalability
- Ability to write clean, reliable and highly scalable code
- Ability to liaise both with highly technical colleagues – as well as traders and other non-technical personnel
- Bonus points for demonstrable competitive nature and winner's mentality; for example, winning Mathematics Olympiads, chess tournaments, etc.
Flow Traders offers you an exciting job and lots of opportunities within the most dynamic of environments. Next to our inspiring working environment we also offer the following:
- In-house gym
- Healthy food
- In-house bar
- Company boat
- Annual company trip
- Competitive salary
- Percentage of our business results for bonuses
Our company/ our team
We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with the best working environment, the latest technology and we go out of our way to retain the small business feeling we started with.
Flow Traders grew to be as successful as we are today out of the expertise and experience of our founding partners. Our non-hierarchical approach stimulates innovation and achievement. We invest in our talented, highly motivated people, as they hold the key to our success. Our demanding, sophisticated work continuously puts us to the test. We wouldn't have it any other way. We. Love. This. Job.
- Apply on our website
- Complete our HackerRank test
- Phone interview with the responsible recruiter
- Codepair with one of our software engineers
- Face to face interviews in Amsterdam
Once you fill in your email on this page, you will be redirected to Flow Traders' website, where you can proceed with your application.